The task of solar battery group is to store energy, so as to ensure the load electricity at night or rainy days. At present, the solar battery widely used in China is mainly lead-acid maintenance-free battery and GEL battery.
A. solar battery overview
Solar battery is used in solar photovoltaic power generation system, the current widely used solar battery mainly: lead-acid maintenance-free battery and gel battery, the two types of batteries, because of its inherent “free” maintenance of properties and the characteristics of less pollution to the environment, very suitable for reliable performance of the solar power system, especially the unattended station.
B. the life of solar battery
- The plate of ordinary solar battery is composed of lead and lead oxide, the solution is sulfuric acid aqueous solution. Its main advantages are stable voltage and low price. The disadvantages are low specific energy, short service life and frequent daily maintenance, with a service life of about 1 year.
- Dry charged lead-acid battery, its main feature is that the negative plate has a high power storage capacity, in the completely dry state, can be stored in two years to get the electricity. To use, just add the electrolyte, It can be used after 30 minutes, and the service life is about 2-3 years.
- Maintenance-free solar battery because of its own structural advantages, electrolyte consumption is very small, in the service life of the basic don’t need to add distilled water. It also has the characteristics of shock resistance, high temperature resistance, small volume, small self-discharge. The service life is usually twice that of ordinary solar battery. There are two kinds of maintenance free battery on the market, the first in the purchase of disposable electrolyte after use does not need to maintain, the other is the battery itself factory has been added to the electrolyte and sealed, users can not add liquid, the service life is about 4 years.
C. the use and maintenance of solar battery
- The suitable working temperature is 15 ~ 20℃.
- The method of solar battery connection is: connect the positive electrode and the positive electrode of the solar battery, and the negative electrode and the negative electrode. This will double the charge of the solar battery, and the voltage is the same as the voltage of one solar battery. Solar battery poles must not short circuit.
- For the new installation or the first charge of the solar battery, a longer time to charge, for the initial charge, should be charged according to the rated capacity of 1/10 of the current. Before installing the battery, check whether the battery is sufficient. If the power is insufficient, charge the battery in a sunny place for at least 8 to 16 hours or use alternating current to fully charge the battery. Overcharging is strictly avoided. When charging normally with alternating current, it is best to use hierarchical charging method, that is, at the beginning of charging with a larger current of constant current equalized charging, charging to the equalized charging voltage and constant voltage for a certain time after switching to the conventional constant-voltage floating charging method.
- Keep the battery itself clean. The installed solar battery poles should be coated with vaseline to prevent corrosion of the poles.
- Configure online monitoring and management technology for solar battery, measure and analyze the internal resistance of solar battery online, find the defects of the battery in time, and maintain it in time.
- Winter to prevent solar battery freezing crack, summer to avoid direct sunlight, solar battery should be placed in the ventilated cold place.
The general working mode of the battery can be divided into cyclic use and floating charge use of two kinds, often in a frequent charging and discharging state, that is, cyclic use; Often in the charging state is used for floating charge, can make up for the capacity loss caused by the battery self-discharge.